The purpose of the Florida Association for Play Therapy, Inc. (FAPT) is to advance the discipline of
play therapy through promotion of the value of play, play therapy, and credentialed play therapists.
• Understanding and valuing of play and play therapy
• Conduct and foster programs of education in the field of play therapy in order to advance high standards of professional practice and conduct
• Encourage research in play therapy
• Inform and educate the general public and the mental health community about play therapy
• Establish contacts with various organizations for support, research and educational pursuits as well as instill effective practice of play therapy, through training, research and support by members
• Advocate for the rights of children, their families, and significant others through recognition, incorporation, and preservation of diversity in play therapy
Click below to like and follow our Facebook page for up to date info and exciting news
Click below to access our bylaws that were amended and adopted on August 1, 2018
Click below for answers to our most
frequently asked questions
APT Approved Provider 02-115.
FAPT is approved by the Florida Department of Health under FL Statute 491 to offer continuing education for Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors. Provider Number BAP-50-10520 expires 03/31/2021.
FAPT is approved by the Florida Department of Health under FL Statute 490 to offer continuing education for Psychologists. Provider Number BAP-50-10520 expires 05/31/2022.
The Florida Association
for Play Therapy